Position Summary: Bob Jones University Division of Music seeks a voice instructor for an adjunct position. The successful candidate will show a commitment to the mission of BJU and the Division of Music and will contribute proactively to the spiritual, intellectual and artistic life of this Christian liberal arts university.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach undergraduate courses in voice
- Collaborate with others within the academic school, division and department
- Other responsibilities may include academic instruction according to academic qualifications and experience
- Actively recruit prospective students for the Division of Music
Other duties may include advising students on academic matters, performing in faculty ensembles, and assisting with service duties as needed within the program, division or academic school.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Advanced degree in performance/pedagogy (voice)
- Successful record of teaching/performing experience at the collegiate level or at levels appropriate to departmental needs
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Display the ability to communicate at a high level musically, verbally and in written communication
- Display the ability to collaborate successfully with other musicians in rehearsal, performance, and in professional and personal interactions
- Display the ability to apply principles of voice literature and pedagogy and performance at a high level.
- Exhibit a refined level of excellence in personal performance
Apply For This Position
Refer a Friend
Required Education: Advanced degree in performance/pedagogy (voice)
Required Experience: Successful record of teaching/performing experience at the collegiate level or at levels appropriate to departmental needs