Position Summary: We are looking for a DesignOps Coordinator to work collaboratively with our designers and illustrators to create biblically integrated, academically rigorous educational materials. You will thrive in this role if you are a detail-oriented, thoughtful listener with strong verbal and written communication skills. Responsibilities include monitoring art assignments, schedules, and budgets, tracking departmental milestones, and acting as a liaison for the department.
Hybrid Option: After successful onboarding, an employee in this position may apply for a hybrid work schedule.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain department art schedules for multiple projects. This will include in-house art as well as outsourced art.
- Assist designers with research into and negotiations with outsourced artists, including tracking and communicating budget status.
- Assist in the preparation of files to provide outside artists contracts, due dates/deadlines, and directions regarding art layout, size, placement, specific types of artwork.
- Track status of in-progress art assignments; communicate updates to artists and designers and follow up with the Art & Design department managers as required.
- Act as a liaison to the Operations & Project Management department.
- Monitor assignments and availability of in-house artists.
- Assist with capacity planning and monitoring for designers and illustrators.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem-solving and prioritizing skills
- Schedule-oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to positively interact with creative employees as well as management
- Planning and scheduling ability
BJU Press Employment Overview
Apply For This Position
Refer a Friend
Required Education: High School Graduate
Required Experience: One to two years related experience