Position Summary: The BJU School of Education, Division of Teacher Education is seeking an individual for a full-time, 9-month faculty teaching position in early childhood or early elementary education. Successful candidates will have degree(s) in early childhood education, elementary education, curriculum & instruction or related fields. Experience in early childhood education and/or elementary education is desired. Faculty in this position will teach a variety of education courses in the early childhood education, elementary education, and special education programs. We seek a teacher-scholar whose responsibilities include teaching, scholarly activity, student advising, and service to the division, school, and university.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and teach undergraduate courses in early childhood education and elementary education;
- Advise undergraduate students in the elementary education major;
- Help develop curriculum and field experience activities;
- Coordinate and supervise student internships in community settings;
- Recruit, advise, and mentor undergraduate students;
- Collaborate with faculty and community stakeholders for program improvement;
- Work closely with other University, School, and Division faculty and professionals;
- Participate in program governance and assessment at the School and University levels as well as contribute to one's professional organizations;
- Serve on University, School and Division committees;
- Provide assistance in writing and submitting documents and reports associated with accreditation;
- Help create and/or assist with online, hybrid and in-residence courses;
- Participate in continuous assessment of program-level and student learning outcomes;
- Develop personal and undergraduate research;
- Seek external funds to support program activities and student scholarships;
- Develop and maintain positive community relations with relevant educational organizations such as Greenville County Schools;
- Participate with student recruitment;
- Provide service to the University and professional organizations;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Evidence of ability to teach a variety of early childhood education and/or elementary education courses;
- Relevant professional experience working with young children and families and/or elementary students;
- Demonstrated commitment to biblical worldview through teaching, curriculum development, scholarship focus and service;
- Strong background and interest in early childhood education and elementary education program development, implementation, and/or evaluation;
- Commitment to and engagement in community outreach;
- The candidate must hold a minimum of Master's in early childhood education, elementary education or closely related field.
- Candidates with terminal degrees or ABD candidates are preferred. Those holding a Master's in related fields along with credentials and/or an extensive background in the discipline will also be considered.
- Experience teaching in higher education (e.g., college/university) online or in-residence is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent analytical, oral/written communication skills, and teamwork.
- Good leadership ability.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Effective teaching and assessment skills
- Ability to collaborate with community agencies and other professionals mentoring senior interns
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
- 5+ years of teaching experience elementary education and early childhood education preferred
- Demonstrated success in education, research and scholarly activities such as adjunct work preferred
- Teaching certification or license preferred
- Terminal degree preferred
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Apply For This Position
Refer a Friend
Required Education: Master's Degree
Required Experience: 5 years+ related experience