Position Summary: The BJU School of Education is seeking an individual for a full-time, 9-month faculty teaching position in Child/Family Studies. Successful candidates will have degree(s) in Child/Human Development, Early Childhood Education/ EC Special Education, Child Life, EC Administration, Child/Family Studies, or related fields. Experience in preschool special education/early intervention, EC administration, or family services is desired. Faculty in this position will teach a variety of child development/early education, early intervention, and family studies courses. Responsibilities would include teaching, scholarly activity, student advising, and service to the division, school and university.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and teach undergraduate courses in Child Development, Early Education/Intervention, EC Administration, and Child/Family Studies.
- Advise undergraduate students in the major
- Help develop curriculum and field experience activities;
- Coordinate and supervise student internships in community settings
- Recruit, advise, and mentor undergraduate students.
- Collaborate with faculty and community stakeholders for program improvement;
- Work closely with other University, School, and Division faculty and professionals;
- Participate in program governance and assessment at the School and University levels as well as contribute to one's professional organizations;
- Serve on University, School and Division committees;
- Provide assistance in writing and submitting documents and reports associated with accreditation.
- Help create and/or assist with online, hybrid and in-residence courses, particularly summer Capstone experiences.
- Participate in continuous assessment of program-level and student learning outcomes;
- Develop personal and undergraduate research;
- Seek external funds to support program activities and student scholarships;
- Develop and maintain positive community relations with relevant child and family agencies, child and family development centers and other community outreach organizations;
- Participate with student recruitment;
- Provide service to the University and professional organizations; and
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Evidence of ability to teach a variety of child development, early intervention, child life or child/family studies courses;
- Relevant professional experience working with young children and families;
- Demonstrated commitment to biblical worldview through teaching, curriculum development, scholarship focus and service;
- Strong background and interest in early intervention and child and family program development, implementation, and/or evaluation;
- Commitment to and engagement in community outreach;
- The candidate must hold a minimum of Master's in Child Development, Early Childhood Eduation/Special Education, Child Life, Child/Family Studies, Family and Consumer Science, or closely related field. Candidates with terminal degrees or ABD candidates are preferred. Those holding a Master's in related fields along with credentials and/or an extensive background in the discipline will also be considered.
- Experience teaching in higher education (e.g., college/university) online or in-residence is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent analytical, oral/written communication skills, and teamwork.
- Good leadership ability.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Effective teaching and assessment skills
- Ability to collaborate with community agencies and other professionals mentoring senior interns
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
- 2+ years of teaching experience in child development, early childhood special education/early intervention, child life, or family education.
- Experience in child/family services, early intervention, early childhood administration, child life, or family education.
- Demonstrated success in education, research and scholarly activities.
Apply For This Position
Refer a Friend
Required Education: Master's Degree
Required Experience: Three to four years related experience