Position summary: The lead web pressman is a goal-oriented individual that is self-motivated, detail-oriented, responsible, and has a professional demeanor. He is energetic, disciplined, with a strong work ethic and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. He directs the day to day operations of the press crew. Additionally, a lead web pressman oversees all mechanical functions as well as paper and print chemistry balance to ensure the highest quality of product and production efficiency in order to meet customer expectations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee speed and control of press and drier during preparation, size changes, make ready, and run operations.
- Constantly monitor and maintain excellent print quality using proofs and densitometer.
- Troubleshoot problems pertaining to press, raw materials, plates, ink and job information.
- Ensure auxiliary pressmen are efficient and accurate in the execution of their responsibilities.
- Direct and lead in all mechanical and roller maintenance, and cleanliness of the press and immediate area.
- Monitor and maintain ink and water balance, and paper quality throughout each run and remove defective product as needed.
- Preset ink levels prior to mounting plates, save ink data for each form, and mount plates.
- Ensure registration and fold accuracy are maintained.
- Record all operations in shop software program.
- Record all DHEC and ASI readings as required.
- Check and maintain fountain solution daily.
- Prepare press for next shift at the close of each day.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong analytical, mechanical, and trouble-shooting skill sets
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical hand tools
- Good understanding of printing press functions and limitations
- Strong understanding of color hue, print chemistry, and the ability to maintain color balance
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work shifts regularly and overtime as needed
- Basic math and computer skills.
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work with accuracy and maneuver in tight spaces
- Must not be color blind
Apply For This Position
Refer a Friend
Required Education: High School diploma or GED
Required Experience: 3-4 years related experience