Position Summary: The Project Management Specialist’s role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders, be they customers or end users. This role includes but is not limited to interviewing stakeholders, gathering and compiling user requirements, conveying the requirements to solution providers and monitoring solution provider’s implementation throughout the project’s lifecycle. The Project Management Specialist will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications. The Project Management Specialist will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT understanding of business requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with project managers and project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Conduct interviews to gather requirements via questionnaires, surveys, site visits, user stories, workflow storyboards, use cases, and other methods.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to IT and project teams.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Develop and conduct reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle, redefining as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders to ensure issues and solutions are understood.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed upon requirements.
- Generate and coordinate analysis of vendor Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Assist the business unit in establishing the business case.
- Participate in quality assurance of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Lead project management on projects, as assigned
- Ensure that appropriate project status reports are compiled on assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organization’s core business process and operations.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning, organizing and managing resources.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills, included but not limited to assisting in establishing financial metrics such as IRR, ROI and NPV.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated, directed, and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent understanding of the University’s goals and objectives.
- Learn new concepts quickly, applying depth and breadth of current skills in analyzing new opportunities or problem areas.
- Identify risk areas and proactively determine appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Prepare and effectively deliver presentations.
- Display ability to facilitate meetings.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task.
Apply For This Position
Refer a Friend
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: One to two years related experience