Position Summary: Bob Jones University seeks an experienced forward-thinking leader with a strong ability to set vision and strategy resulting in academic excellence and growth. This is a unique opportunity to infuse the School of Business with innovative and entrepreneurial vision to build an educational experience that fully prepares Christian leaders for careers in the business world. The Dean will lead with responsibilities ranging from setting vision and strategy, to faculty development and enablement, student and alumni engagement, and operational effectiveness and optimization.
The School of Business began in 1947 and continues a 75-year tradition of excellence with approximately 400 students, 15 faculty, six academic programs, and 4,694 graduates. This is a 12-month position reporting to the Provost.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mission-Based Leader
- Understand and positively promote BJU’s mission.
- Cultivate BJU’s biblical worldview emphasis.
- Model excellence in personal character and servant leadership, demonstrating a close relationship with Christ, strong integrity, and a humble spirit.
- Collaborate with and lead diverse groups to achieve goals and make decisions.
- Appreciate the role of Christian liberal arts in a business education.
- Encourage faculty and students to participate in opportunities and collaborate outside of the School of Business.
- Work with BJU’s leadership structures to improve the institution through development and support of strategic initiatives, change management and growth opportunities.
- Lead by example and encourage ministry involvement and gospel-focused outreach.
- Visionary & Strategic Innovator
- Lead a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship through forward thinking opportunities.
- Create and clearly communicate a vision and strategic direction for the School of Business.
- Develop a multi-year plan for growth with clear objectives and milestones.
- Partner with key stakeholders to benefit the School of Business.
- Establish a School of Business brand that clearly articulates a value proposition and attracts and engages students, alumni, faculty, staff, and community partners.
- Incorporate current business and academic trends in the School of Business strategic plan.
- Integrate technology in the curriculum, in communication and recruitment processes, and in interaction with alumni.
- Champion the continuous development and evaluation of academic programs and opportunities for the School of Business.
- Relationship Builder
- Lead by example by engaging and building relationships with prospective and current students, faculty, staff, alumni, community networks and ministries.
- Collaborate and build relationships with schools across the University.
- Build relationships with School of Business alumni and leverage their expertise to expand academic and financial resources for the school.
- Work together with the Advancement and Enrollment Offices to identify avenues for strategic partnerships to grow enrollment and funding.
- Participate in community events and initiatives to create a broader awareness of the School of Business.
- Partner with key business and community stakeholders to develop a career path strategy and plan for each area within the School of Business.
- Academic Administrator
- Engage faculty in continuous program assessment to measure and increase effectiveness and academic excellence.
- Serve as administrative officer and on the BJU Deans Council
- Oversee daily operations and steward resources effectively, including the budget, alignment of resources to strategy and optimization, and utilization of faculty and staff.
- Utilize business and academic expertise to teach high quality business courses.
- Serve as liaison with governmental or regulatory organizations related to the academic programs.
- Oversee the management of academic programs, curriculum offerings, and course scheduling.
- Respond to student needs and resolve issues that are escalated to the Dean level.
- Work with division chairs and faculty to cultivate and expand business internship programs, on-campus recruiting events and activities, and student knowledge and exposure to job opportunities.
- Talent & Team Developer
- Empower the division chairs and faculty to leverage their experience, expertise, and creative thought to improve learning and student experience.
- Lead the recruitment of high performing, mission-based faculty and staff.
- Invest time and resources into faculty and staff development.
- Establish a team environment that strives for excellence and results.
- Lead a culture of collaboration, trust, transparency, and empowerment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Graduate-level academic credentials (terminal degree preferred).
- Experienced and successful business leader.
- Teaching and scholarship at the university level (preferred).
- Understanding of and ability to manage the academic programs in the School of Business.
- Ability to articulate and develop Biblical worldview thinking related to business.
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create and communicate a vision and to develop and execute a strategic plan.
- Innovative entrepreneurial, growth, and results oriented mindset.
- Technological aptitude.
- Ability to influence and impact people in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and create consensus.
- Effective leader who can quickly gain followership and lead and manage change.
- Strong leadership qualities and characteristics in the areas of critical thinking, communication, resourcefulness, talent and team development and culture building.
- Administrative skills to lead and manage the operations of the School of Business.
- Proven ability to build a high performing, collaborative team.
- Sustained track record of investment in individual and team personal and professional development.
- Inspirational leader who leads with humility and cultivates a culture of trust.
- A Christian life that shows evidence of a close relationship with Christ and encourages others to grow spiritually.
- Ministry and community minded.
Apply For This Position
Refer a Friend
Required Education: Master's degree, terminal degree preferred
Required Experience: Five or more years related experience