Position Summary: 9 month hourly staff GA position dealing with set-up, supervision, and oversight of MS and athletic events, activities, and daily needs. Works closely with MS Principal, SED, and AD.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrate Christlike serving spirit
- Assist with various MS lunch needs – table set up/takedown, transporting food, clean up, etc.
- Assist with various AD needs – cleaning gym floor, prepping fields, gym set up for games, assisting in PE classes, etc.
- Assist with various AAUD needs – chapel or program set up, set up/removal stage pieces, assist with lights/sound needs for various rehearsals and performances, etc.
- Assist with prep work for and execution of major school events such as trips, food collection, Spirit Week, gym/field game times, etc.
- Willing to work occasional evenings and Saturday mornings
Support the mission of BJA
- Participate in activities related to the school (e.g. grade-level assemblies, school spirit activities)
- Communicate the religious beliefs of BJA to students and student affiliates
- Answer questions concerning BJA’s statement of faith and biblical position to parents, students, or those inquiring about BJA
- Maintain professional appearance and presentation
Communicate effectively with administration, faculty, students, and parents
- Provide MS Principal and AD feedback and follow up on planning and projects
- Provide information and assistance to faculty members
- Engage with students and provide supervision, guidance, discipleship and mentoring as needed
Provide information and assistance to parents at games, events, and activities
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Willingness to learn is necessary
- Knowledge of theater, sound, lighting equipment and general stage operation would be helpful as would a rudimentary understanding of MS/HS sports
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Keen eye for detail and smooth operational skills.
- Personable but firm when needed; relationship-builder
- Supervisory skills
- Able to physically handle lunchroom tables and chairs
- Can safely operate a golf cart
- First Aid and CPR certified preferred (or will train)
Apply For This Position
Refer a Friend
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree; Must be enrolled in post-graduate studies at BJU