Position Summary: The Assistant Cross Country, Track & Field Coach will provide mentorship, instruction, motivation, and support to the Bob Jones University Track & Field Program. The goal and objective of the program is to develop physically, mentally, and spiritually strong student-athletes, that teaches how to better apply their gifts from God in a way that ministers to others and expands God's Kingdom. The program seeks academic excellence, athletic success, community engagement, and spiritual development from its members.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform job duties in accordance with Bob Jones University’s vision, mission, and values, and in a way that contributes to the advancement of the overall Athletics Department success.
- Assist in administering a highly competitive program which includes organizing, supervising, and instructing student-athletes per head coach in strategies and performance principles.
- Assist in Christian discipleship to the student athletes.
- Support the individual academic goals of student-athletes and provide opportunities for assistance to student-athletes if required, monitoring the academic progress of each participating student-athlete.
- Specific responsibilities include designing and implementing training programs and practice regimens for the cross country, track and field events.
- This role is part of the overall cross country, track and field coaching team and assists with the coaching and administrative duties of both the men’s and women’s programs.
- Evaluating and recruiting prospective track and field student-athletes effectively and sustainably.
- Maintain set office hours regiment as established by head coach.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree required; 3.0 or above GPA.
- 3 years of prior cross country, track and field college coaching or other work equivalate.
- Experience at NCCAA preferred.
- USATF Level 1 certification preferred or USTFCCCA equivalent certifications.
- Ability to coach and direct student-athletes to a high level of success and to carry out work assignments in a prompt and timely fashion.
Apply For This Position
Refer a Friend
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
Required Experience: Three or more years related experience